Become a #RAKtivist™ February 14th - February 17th & Receive a FREE HD Tee!
Here at Highland Duds, we feel strongly that random acts of kindness are necessary to bring forth light in a sometimes dimly lit world. It’s a movement that brings us back to basics so to speak—highlighting the importance of interpersonal interactions and the ripple effect that is set into motion when just one person goes out of their way to make someone’s day a bit brighter.
Today, nearly 90 countries around the world observe Random Acts of Kindness Day, and February 17th being America’s national day to celebrate! In honor of the holiday, Highland Duds is offering *FREE T-shirts all weekend!
Random Acts of Kindness Foundation is a nonprofit organization founded in the United States in 1995. The actual holiday, “Random Acts of Kindness Day” was first held in New Zealand in 2004. Its mission? Encourage others to take the time to do something special for someone—completely spontaneously. The goal of the holiday is to bring awareness to the idea of paying it forward, and to catapult the world we live in into a better state of feeling, thinking, and doing. Long-term, its goal is to influence practicing members to become “RAKtivists”—aka someone who adopts random acts of kindness as part of their lifestyle.
“Kindness really does start with one — one person, one act, one place, one city, one county, and one movement with one goal in mind: to make our world a kinder place one act at a time,” RAK wrote. “And, every single one of us can play a part in this mission.” (Source: https://time.com/4674542/random-acts-kindness-day-world/)
Make Kindness the Norm While Living Life in HD
What’s so fitting (pun intended) about this special offer, is that absolutely anyone can sport an HD tee and look clever, classic, and cool. Our high-quality, just the right mix of cotton and spandex, tees are closet staples that everyone and anyone can put to good use for years to come. They’re classic, versatile, essential wardrobe staples that look smart, and fit smarter.
Participate in Random Acts of Kindness Day AND live your life in HD. You and the recipient of your random act of kindness will feel AND look great!
Ideas for Random Acts of Kindness
Here are just a few of the things you can do to participate in the holiday, according to Random Acts of Kindness’ online article, “50 Kindness Ideas for Random Acts of Kindness Day”:
- Pay it Backward: buy coffee for the person behind you in line.
- Compliment the first three people you talk to today.
- Send a positive text message to five different people right now.
- Post inspirational sticky notes around your neighborhood, office, school, etc.
- Tell someone they dropped a dollar (even though they didn’t). Then give them a dollar.
- Donate old towels or blankets to an animal shelter.
- Say hi to the person next to you on the elevator.
- Surprise a neighbor with freshly baked cookies or treats!
- Let someone go in front of you in line who only has a few items.
- Leave a gas gift card at a gas pump.